The college has a rich library catering to the needs and interests of students and faculty. The library contains 33200 books pertaining to the course curriculum as well as general interest areas. Library subscribes to various international and national periodicals, journals, magazines, newspapers, e-journals and database. Reprography and internet facilities are provided to users. As well as library also provides the facility of approximately 6000 e-Resources + e-Journals and 31,35,000+ ebooks in various subjects. In addition to normal library facilities the college provides
Library committee plays an active role in progress in library services. New books and periodicals are added regularly.
· Electronic Resource Management package for e-journals: INFLIBNET (N-LIST) Programme provides access to 4137 e-journals through 21 e-databases.
· In-house/remote access to e-publications: In-house access to e-publications is provided (by surfing on INTERNET) on network of four computers in Library. Available e-publications can be saved on CDs and on hard disks.
· Library automation: Library is using Library Automation Software for issue and return of books.
· Total number of computers for public access: Four
· Total numbers of printers for public access: One
· Internet band width/speed: 8 Mbps and 1 Internet broadband connection is available through lease line connectivity.
· Newspaper coverage of college news of seminars, workshops and other functions conducted by the institution is maintained and available in the library.
· Photocopies of articles for various competitions such as essay writing competitions, declamations etc. are maintained.
· College prospectus and college magazines are available in the library.
Manuscripts: Vedic literature which includes Ramayana, Bhagavad Gita and collections of Gandhian, Vivekananda thoughts manuscripts etc. are present.
Reference: Reference Books pertaining to different subjects and general reference books are available.
Reprography: Photocopier and scanner are available.
Information deployment and notification: Notices regarding library services such as circulation policy, no dues, refund of security and new arrivals are displayed on Notice Board from time to time.
Download: E-resources from open databases and subscribed databases are allowed to be downloaded from internet. Internet is available on a network of four computers.
Reading list/ Bibliography compilation: Reading list of new arrivals is available in the Reference section. Subject Bibliographies are also compiled as and when needed.
Assistance in searching Books/Journals: The library staff is always available for any need based assistance in the use of library services.
Library staff always provides required support to students and teaching staff in finding reading material from books, journals, magazines and periodicals as well as from e-books and e-journals. To enrich the faculty and students with its latest acquisitions, cover pages of new additions are displayed on the Display Board. Latest information regarding syllabus is available in hard copy. Year Wise Kurukshetra University old exam papers also available in Library.
Text books are issued for the whole session to meritorious and needy students. Distinct facility is given to the students during exam days. They are allowed to get extra books issued till the period of examination. Books to readers are issued for the duration of 14 days.
Join us for the best future of your children ...